There may be different ways of addressing a particular problem in a community. It may be helpful for a community to think about these before deciding what action they are going to take. Different ways of taking action include:
- carrying out a development project
- speaking out to, and communicating with, people in power
- working with the local media
- working with other organisations or groups
- helping people become aware of issues affecting them
This section includes an explanation of each of these ways of taking action and suggests activities to help a community plan and carry out some of these things.
As a facilitator, you may need to help a community to understand the different ways that they could take action. You might be able to use different approaches at the same time, or you could decide to do one at a time.