- At what point should producers begin to look for other markets?
- Exporting goods usually requires the capacity to produce huge orders on an exact date just once or twice a year. What difficulties could this cause?
- Is there anywhere producers can turn to for advice about markets in large towns and cities. What kind of market research might first be needed?
- Exporting goods or foods overseas requires the use of all kinds of legal documents such as hygiene inspection certificates, export licenses and customs clearance papers. What are the implications of this? Is there anywhere people can go for advice?
- Here are some useful contacts for people wishing to sell their goods overseas:
The Centre for the Promotion of Imports from Developing Countries (CBC) PO Box 30009, 3001 DA Rotterdam, The Netherlands Fax +31 10 4114081
Tearcraft 100 Church Road, Teddington, Middlesex, TW11 8QE, UK Fax +44 208 943 3594
Traidcraft Exchange Kingsway, Tyne and Wear, NE11 0NE, UK Fax +44 191 4822690
Ten Thousand Villages Archana Handicrafts, 704 Main St, PO Box 500, Akron PA 17501–0500, USA