This guide shares advice and activities for church and community leaders to begin the process of community mobilisation.
Here are some positive changes you might expect to see as a result of the community-led process described in this guide:
- local leaders have increased awareness of their capacity to make changes in their community and the value of organising people to take positive action
- people have increased knowledge and understanding of their own unique situation
- people have greater confidence in their own ability to make appropriate changes
- effective and ongoing community organisation and action
- improved local facilities leading to improved quality of life
- local organisations working together effectively at all levels