Strategic framework: a church-based response to sexual violence
Sexual violence is common within communities worldwide – but as an issue it remains largely hidden. Women, girls, men and boys are all at risk of sexual violence.
There are church networks stretching across many communities where the influence and nature of faith means that churches are reaching the most vulnerable people in areas where NGOs cannot reach.
Tearfund’s strategic framework focuses on six key outcomes:
- Leaders will be mobilised and equipped to speak out and act.
- Faith communities will become safe spaces.
- Men and boys will become key advocates for gender justice.
- Sexual violence will be integrated proactively into humanitarian response.
- Survivor movements will shape policy and practice.
- A strong faith response will be built to prevent and end Female Genital Mutilation or Cutting (FGM/C) and child marriage in three countries.
For more information, please find our most updated strategy document here (PDF 1 MB).
Sexual Violence Research Initiative
Gender and Development Network: Guidance notes on violence against women and girls
Achievements so far