Read 1 Samuel 16:1-12
This Bible passage focuses on the selection of David, the new king of Israel.
- What does God look for when he is selecting a leader (verse 7)?
- Do we only look at the surface when we are recruiting new leaders?
- Unlike God, it can be difficult for us to look directly at people’s hearts. How can we make sure that we recruit the right people?
Read 1 Peter 5:1-4
This passage is aimed at elders, who are Christian leaders.
- What is Peter encouraging leaders to be like?
- What qualities is Peter discouraging?
- Why do we think Peter mentions these things to the elders?
- Do we need to be reminded of these things?
- How can we ensure the people we recruit have the good qualities noted here?