About this course
The course includes five modules which explore the role of the local church and how it can engage with each stage of the disaster cycle: preparedness, response, recovery and mitigation. The final module looks at disasters and wellbeing.
This course is suitable for both those who are experienced in disaster preparedness and response, or those who are exploring for the first time how the church can be involved in supporting a community through a disaster.
What does this course include?
- Scenario based animations to guide you through the full disaster risk management cycle, for example, observing a local church disaster committee as they prepare for and respond to a flooding crisis
- Activities using needs assessment tools
- Facilitation guides, bible studies and additional resources to support you through this course
What will you gain from the course?
- Experience from start to finish of what it could be like to engage with disaster response and preparedness as part of a local church
- Insight into how to work alongside your community and coordinate with other responders
- Confidence to mobilise your local church to take the first steps towards preparing for disasters
How long will the course take?
- Each module will take between 45 and 90 minutes to complete. You can do this course as part of a group.
- Facilitator notes are available at the end of each module and can be downloaded and used as discussion tools.
How much will the course cost?
This course is free!
Will I get a certificate at the end?
Yes, on completion of the course you will get a downloadable certificate.