This tool can help us to understand where and when people feel safe, and which places or situations they think are dangerous. It will also help to reveal whether there are any particular groups or organisations that people think of as dangerous or as a threat. Using this tool should help a group to answer the following questions:
- Are there places, groups or institutions that people think of as being safe and trustworthy?
- Are there places, groups or institutions that people think of as dangerous?
- Do these places, groups or institutions depend on who you are - your gender, age, faith, social status or other quality that puts you into a certain group?
- Do these vary over time? For example, are they dependent on the time of day, period of the year or on a special event or occasion such as harvest or election time?
- What is it about these places or groups that people feel makes them either safe or dangerous?