Live Justly is series of in-depth scriptural and practical studies to help people live justly in six key areas of life: advocacy, prayer, consumption, generosity, relationships and creation care.
Live Justly was written on these core principles:
- Justice is part of the character and nature of God, and to live justly we must encounter God in a personal and powerful way
- The Holy Spirit is our guide
- People change through relationships not statistics, so Live Justly is designed to create a culture and community among participants that enables honest, convicting discussion about justice
- We will not reduce justice to an activity, it is a lifestyle
- We will not sacrifice the dignity of people living in oppression and poverty for the sake of inspiring action
- We particularly focus upon the role of advocacy, which is a historic action of the church, but has become less common in recent years.
The ground is fertile for a revival of action that has the potential to be incredibly transformative. We define advocacy as: Influencing the decisions, policies and practices of powerful decision-makers, to address underlying causes of poverty, bring justice and support development. We recognise that we cannot ask our leaders to practise things we are not willing to do ourselves. With this in mind, Live Justly is both inwardly and outwardly focused.