Tearfund's Advocacy toolkit is easy to understand and easy to use.
- The what, where and who of advocacy
- The why of advocacy
- Overview of the advocacy cycle
- Issue identification
- Research and analysis
- Taking action
- Monitoring, reviewing, evaluation and learning
Each section is in three parts:
- Teaching notes covering the most important points in question and answer format
- Tools that are designed to be freestanding but also to double up as handouts in a training workshop
- Training exercises for applying the teaching and using the tools in a training workshop, with clear instructions about how to facilitate them
There are also PowerPoints to be used in training, all available online.