Like most conflict analysis tools, the conflict map is best drawn as a group activity, eg with all staff in an organisation or in a community group.
If you are working in conflict, you can use the map to answer questions like:
- Given our relationships with some groups, how are other groups likely to perceive us?
- Do we need to form or mend a relationship with anyone on this map?
- Who on this map benefits from our work? How will that affect the conflict and other groups’ perceptions of us?
If you are working on conflict, you can also use the map to answer:
- Which relationships on this map could we restore, strengthen, or create in order to reduce conflict?
- Can we engage with all the groups who have the most influence in the conflict?
- Does our work address the root causes of broken relationships between any groups on this map?
Use this PDF as a poster, training resource or discussion starter.
Feel free to adapt and translate it. If you need the original file to work with, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org