Based on the results of the Start Network’s Shifting the Power project, Tearfund is now phasing in the disaster management capacity assessment (DMCA) tool across all disaster-vulnerable countries.
The capacity self-assessment aims to help organisations to:
- Identify competencies required to deliver a high quality and significant humanitarian response.
- Understand their strengths and weaknesses in relation to the key components of humanitarian programme management,and ability to influence design and delivery of humanitarian response.
- Foster ownership and commitment to improving humanitarian capacity.
- Prioritise areas for capacity strengthening support.
- Review the progress of humanitarian capacity strengthening initiatives.